Subclass 189 pertains to the skilled independent visa of Australia which is valid for five years through which a person can live in any part of Australia within the given time frame. The applicant is allowed to move in and out of Australia within this given duration. The visa holders of this subclass cannot be sponsored by any family members, employers, or any state government. The basic requirements for this category include that the applicant should have an occupation falling on List of Schedule 1, for which they should also have a positive skill assessment from the designated occupation body and competent English score. The minimum points threshold required to file an Expression of Interests under this visa category is 60 .Once the client gets the Invitation to apply from the Australian Government, then they have to lodge the application within 60 days and the application should be supported by all the documents for which the claims had been made on EOI. The given point system comprises of key factors like Age(can claim variable points for the same between 18-44 years),Education(variable points can be claimed for bachelors degree,diploma,and research degree), Experience(Points can be claimed as per the no. of years worked in the current ten years which is normally claimed for a period of three, five and eight years) , English Language score(Points can be claimed for seven and eight bands in each component of IELTS but overall six band in each module fetches 0 points), Australian Study Requirements(Points under this category can be claimed if the applicant is having qualification awarded from Australia whether it be at bachelors,degree,diploma or any level, studies in credential community language and studies in area of low population growth or regional area) and other factors like partner skills(points under this category can only be claimed if the partner has a positive skill assessment and the competent IELTS Score) etc.The applicant should be below 50 years of age and should be fit on medical and character grounds . This visa category also allows the benefits such as bringing the family members along with the main applicant and they can get access to all the benefits available to an Australian Resident such as enrolling in medicare, studying for children etc.Apart from that an Australian PR holder can also sponsor remaining relatives living offshore under other visa categories if they fulfill all the eligibility requirements.
- The 189 visa does not require sponsorship by a relative or state and 189 visa holders can live and work in any part of Australia.
- Once you have activated your 189 visa, you and all migrating dependents gain permanent residency in Australia. In summary, this means.
- The 189 means you can study at an Australian school or university.
- The 189 allows you to receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare.
- The 189 puts you on the pathway to Australian citizenship.
- The 189 enables you to sponsor others for permanent residency.
- The 189 allows you and your partner to work in any job on arrival.
- The 189 visa allows you to travel to and enter Australia for up to five years after the visa is granted. Thus, once you have activated it, you could return to your home country to continue to work, sell property etc, prior to migrating on your 189.
- We have managed 189 visas for many occupations such as teachers, IT professionals, engineers, trades people and nurses. For all skilled visas, we first manage the skill assessment, as this is the initial step to being granted a 189 visa. The skill assessment is a complex process, with some authorities requiring detailed reports of work projects or informal training references from the first years in your career. We make sure you will meet the requirements. Many 189 visa applicants also need to sit an English test called IELTS. This is also a prerequisite to applying for the 189 visa, so we help our clients by sharing hints and tips for undertaking this test.
- We can help you determine your eligibility for the 189 visa. Our years of skilled migration experience and success with hundreds of clients means we may be able to find a pathway to the 189 visa that others have overlooked
- If you would like a free online assessment, please complete our form that is free and we will provide information the steps, fees and process.
Website: Immigration Overseas